However, the good news is that with the right depression treatment, this mental disorder can be cured, no matter if it is in mild, moderate or severe form.
What Are the Symptoms of Depression?
Some of the most common symptoms of depression include:
- Constant sadness and depressed mood
- Changes in appetite,
- Hopelessness and helplessness
- Irritability and intolerance to other people
- Sleeping too much or having problems with falling asleep
- Low self-esteem
- Increased fatigue and energy loss
- Inability to feel pleasure from activities once enjoyed
- Problems with concentrating and making decisions
- Feeling guilty and worthless
- Self-blaming too much
- Feeling tearful
- Headaches, back pain, or other unexplained physical problems
- Thoughts of self-harm, death, and even suicide
- If you have thought of suicide, please call the suicide hotline at 988
How Is Depression Diagnosed?
To make sure that you are correctly diagnosed and certainly require depression therapy, our physicians will ask you about the period you feel the symptoms. They need to last for two weeks or more and be different from your previous feelings and behaviours to be considered signs of this mental disorder.
What’s more, our specialist will make sure there are no medical conditions that can mimic depression symptoms, such as a brain tumor, thyroid issues, or vitamin deficiency. We always take all the necessary precautions to avoid misdiagnosing our patients and first rule out all the other possible diseases before we start depression treatment.
How Is Depression Treated?
To adjust the treatment properly, our doctor will analyze the severity and pattern of your depressive states. They will combine interpersonal psychotherapy with proper medication in such a way so that you can feel better as soon as possible and at the same time, avoid or reduce the side effects.
We always adapt the nature of depression treatment to its severity. In case of mild depression, antidepressants are not the first line. Furthermore, they should not be used for treating this mental disorder in children, and should be avoided whenever possible when treating adolescents. If our professional considers using them necessary, they always instruct the patient how to use them with extra caution.
Get the Best Depression Treatment at Chau Medical Group
In Chau Medical Group, you will be treated like family. Our doctors pay attention to every single detail in order to make the right diagnosis and to establish depression therapy in such a way it can be safe yet effective. Contact us now to get more information and set up your visit!